JMK’s Green Initiative
At JMK we care about the environment. Our new BMW building was built with energy efficiency in mind.
- Our new BMW building uses UV resistant glass which is highly tinted to reduce heat gain thus reducing our energy usage in the summer months
- 97% of the lighting fixtures throughout the building are Compact Florescent light fixtures (CFL)
- Our two decks (50,000 square feet) utilize energy efficient lighting and are controlled by motion sensors and timers.
- Many rooms and offices are controlled by motion sensors and timers.
- Our entire HVAC and lighting system is controlled via a pc based system which uses remote temperature sensors and light sensors to turn on and off lighting and HVAC.
- High speed garage doors have been installed in 3 of our buildings. These high speed doors allow vehicles to enter and exit quicker, thus allowing less heat or A/C loss and reducing our energy usage.
Our Latest green initiative.
In May 2011, JMK completed installation of a 112 KW solar panel array which is housed on the roof of our vehicle preparation building. The solar system generates enough electricity to power 97.3% of that building.
From May 2011 to December 2011, the solar panel system has generated the equivalent environmental benefit of:
- Planting 1,757 trees
- Driving 158,782 passenger miles in a vehicle
- Energy used in 6 standard houses each year